Have you had your V-8 today?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Have you had your V-8 today??

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 04-29-2005, 04:45 PM   #1
Myrtle Beach

Have you had your V-8 today??

Just took the Jeep on a back country road and "opened her up". I haven't donme it in a while and forgot how fun the Jeep is to drive. I really have not used the power of the Jeep with my boring ride to work every day. Now I remeber why I like my Jeep so much. I had on a big smile when I parked the Jeep and got out. With 125K on the engine it still runs AWESOME!

[URL=http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNTcxOTAxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg]MY JEEP[/URL]
Myrtle Beach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2005, 05:00 PM   #2
1STONER

now open her up in some mud and youll really smile
1STONER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2005, 05:39 PM   #3
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

I get my V8 everyday. I love pulling up next to my buddies in their 1.8L hondas! Smoke em everytime!
Unread 04-29-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
xxxflhrci

Myrtle Beach,

How much is your life interupted by Bike Week down there with all the traffic and noise? I'll be down in two weeks for it.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
Myrtle Beach

Bike week is pretty fun. it is not great for my business (i am in real estate) but I can actually use a little break. The "memorial day" bike week is the bad one. I was very close to buying a chopper last year and held off. Maybe this year??? Do you have a bike xxx?

[URL=http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNTcxOTAxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg]MY JEEP[/URL]
Myrtle Beach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2005, 06:37 PM   #6
xxxflhrci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtle Beach
Do you have a bike xxx?
I have 2 HDs. I've been doing MB BW for about 15 years, now. I only live about 350 miles away and get down there several times a year.
xxxflhrci is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2005, 10:15 PM   #7
RAAB3485
Viewer Discretion Advised

2004 WJ 

I "have" my v8 every day that I work. On my way home from work, as I get on the interstate, the on ramp from the exit I work off of, is up hill as aposed to down hill, and with my k+n intake, when i stomp on it I get a wonderful growl all the way up to the interstate. I am always pleased when I get up to 75 mph well before the on ramp ends getting on the interstate going up hill.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1
RAAB3485 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2005, 04:19 AM   #8
CunningLinguist

I had my V8 yesterday against a cayenne S, smoked him all the way to the next stop light.

Maybe it was unfair as i was supercharged. Must find another turbo to race!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope Schemes
By all means enjoy Halo 2.5 but for those with cerebral development beyond that of a spider monkey, pick up Bioshock, you won't regret it.
CunningLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2005, 04:24 AM   #9
DSMjunkie
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxflhrci
Myrtle Beach,

How much is your life interupted by Bike Week down there with all the traffic and noise? I'll be down in two weeks for it.
extremely interrupted. If you dont know grissam and oak street your screwed. Add at least 15-30 minutes to go anywhere. and add at least an hour to resturaunt wait times
[COLOR=White]White Jeep Club Member #982[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]Air Force Jeep Club Member #16[/COLOR]
2k8 JK
1997 nissan stagea drift wagon
1998 legacy wagon grip monster
DSMjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2005, 07:33 AM   #10
leonw
2002 WJ 

I just got a WJ Overland with the 4.7 HO. It's a hot rod! I wanted a V8 for towing my boat up the Pa / WVa hills. I have a 98 ZJ 4.0 with add ons (header, perf. exhaust, stage 2 chip, etc...) but it's no V8. I would have been happy with a 4.7 but I found an Overland and wanted the 3.73's and heck, why pass up the extra ponies?
Unread 04-30-2005, 07:55 AM   #11
CunningLinguist

the 4.7 block is an amazing engine. The old 5.9 magnum was a screamer too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope Schemes
By all means enjoy Halo 2.5 but for those with cerebral development beyond that of a spider monkey, pick up Bioshock, you won't regret it.
CunningLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2005, 12:39 PM   #12
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunningLinguist
the 4.7 block is an amazing engine. The old 5.9 magnum was a screamer too.

My old Grand was a 4.slow and I knew that I needed a V8 this time around. Still I was impressed with the 4.7! It is still stock but it has much more than I expected!
Unread 04-30-2005, 02:28 PM   #13
Jerry Falletta
2009 WK 

The Overland is a screamer and it does well off-road, too. I had one for several years and had a difficult time deciding whether or not to trade up for a new one. If it had ot been for the Hemi, I would have kept the 2002 Overland.
Jerry Falletta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.