Have a question regarding a lift for my grand Cherokee please help ! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Have a question regarding a lift for my grand Cherokee please help !

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
318GC

Have a question regarding a lift for my grand Cherokee please help !

Hello everyone I have just bought a 1998 jeep grand Cherokee limited , I'm looking to put a 3" lift on it with 33" tires my truck does not have 2wd though it's always in 4wd , my question is can I install a 3" lift on my truck or I cannot ? I was told that considering my truck is only 4wd I cannot do so , please let me know how that's works all your replys are greatly appreciated have a great evening/morning. Thanks

318GC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
ibew252
2006 KJ Liberty 

BDS - Made 45 miles from my house and the warranty should be a huge consideration of your purchase.
ibew252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
SAR-Swimmer
1997 ZJ 

What transfer-case you have makes no difference in the ability to put a lift on. It sounds like you have the 249 T/c, and many people have lifts with it. The biggest issue you will probably have will be with your front drive shaft, which will be a constant velocity type, which doesn't like the lift angles much, you will probably have to change to a U-joint type front shaft, at some point, but I'm not sure if you can get away with it, at 3"
SAR-Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

My front shaft pulled apart the first time I went out disconnected with a 2" lift. It would have lasted longer if I didn't unhook the sway bar but where is the fun in that?

We already answered your questions about this in another thread. Why make an identical one?

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/q...-help-1685673/
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.