hatch issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > hatch issues

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
LilRedDakota
1999 XJ Cherokee 

hatch issues

97 ZJ rear hatch outside handle. A couple of questions. Is the handle the same as XJ? How does this come out? Took the nut off the inside and could not get it to come out of gate. Swapped rotted hatch with another, wanted to swap handle so key would work just in case I needed it. Nut came off fine, of course the old hatch handle stud spun free and I decided to swap just the lock once I got them out. Should have just done this first. went to put nut back on and as per my life, stud spins free in new hatch handle now! Really!?!? Where can I get these from other than JY?

Also how to adjust rear hatch alignment. The top seems ok, the bottom is shifted to the passenger side. The wrap around part just above the taillights is in too far in on driver side and out on passenger side. Took complete hinges with new gate, doesn't seem to be any adjustment at hinges. does the latch piece in the floor move, as long as the bolts don't break when I go to loosen it?

I would like to get this resolved so I can put rear panels back together and move on to t/c swap and axle bearings to make it 4X4 again. Thought this would be quick and easy and get the gate out my garage before it got banged up. Its a matching color and the rear wiper even works on it!!

Need to get back to garage and finish swapping engine in the XJ. Will check back tomorrow when I am awake again.

Unread 09-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
LilRedDakota
1999 XJ Cherokee 

bump

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.