Has anyone replaced a WJ exhaust manifold? How difficult? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Has anyone replaced a WJ exhaust manifold? How difficult?

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 07-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #16
georged
2004 WJ 

Why don't posters tell what year and engine they have in the title of their post? At least this guy did have it in his profile, but more people would answer questions if they knew what engine the question was for.

georged is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #17
crazydude2500
1993 ZJ 

i changed my cherokee's 4.0 manifold and i didnt have many problems only getting to the bolts

green lifted 4.5 w/32's custom front bumper 5.2L
97 xj stock blue tow hooks F&R 4.0L
2004 dodge neon SRT-4
crazydude2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #18
iluvtruenos
2000 WJ 

Uhh...us WJ guys are superiour to all you other 4.0 n00blings.

We have TWO manifolds that are separate to reduce cracking.

Carry on with your n00bliness, n00blings.

Rampant Pack of Retards group president.
2000 WJ, 4.5l, AX15, 242 D60/14b, 5.5" lift front, 7.5" rear. Ford Expedition rear coils, Ram 350 shocks, JKS, IRO Long Arms, cool Badlands flag thingy.
1987 XJ - Gone but not forgotten
iluvtruenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #19
WJLift2000

I got a wj 2000 4.7 and just noticed i have a exhaust leak. now that im investigating more I see a bolt is broken. Damn. And its about 100 degress out. WHew!! My question is would the leak cause the jeep to run iratic and shut down?. Or would that be my ecu getting stupid also at the same time. Some one told me the jeep may not be getting a good o2 reading since the exhuast leak is leaking. and would cause the truck to surge like its doing at times. Im going to fix the leak right now. I just hope this takes care of some of the problems. Whos had a jeep with a fried ecu? a 4.7 that is. My lights would flash somtimes at night for no reason? Anyone seen this also.
WJLift2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.