Has anyone replaced their AM / FM Antenna ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Has anyone replaced their AM / FM Antenna ?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Lakoswolf
1993 ZJ 

Has anyone replaced their AM / FM Antenna ?

Greetings all,

I have been thinking about replacing my AM / FM antenna since the mast broke off earlier this year. From what I can gather the base and Lardeo models came with non-powered antennas, my ZJ is a limited. I am under the impression then, that this antenna is powered, although I can't say that I've ever seen it actually move up or down etc. Has anyone replaced just the mast, or the entire unit? Honestly I'd just like to replace the mast itself, I could care less if it moves. Furthermore in the interest of a possible CB install in the future, is there a way to combine a CB and AM /FM antenna setup?

Any thoughts or advice on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][B]93' Grand Wagoneer 5.2[/B][/COLOR]- Dad's
[COLOR="Red"]93' Grand Cherokee 4.0 Ltd. (Deceased)[/COLOR]
Lakoswolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

No,only european zg's were powered(iirc).i changed mine,its a pain in the ***.if you want to know more pm me
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
dbabicky
1975 J-Series Truck 

My 95 Limited ZJ has a power antenna.(US model)
Unread 07-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Interesting
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #5
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakoswolf View Post
Greetings all,

I have been thinking about replacing my AM / FM antenna since the mast broke off earlier this year. From what I can gather the base and Lardeo models came with non-powered antennas, my ZJ is a limited. I am under the impression then, that this antenna is powered, although I can't say that I've ever seen it actually move up or down etc. Has anyone replaced just the mast, or the entire unit? Honestly I'd just like to replace the mast itself, I could care less if it moves. Furthermore in the interest of a possible CB install in the future, is there a way to combine a CB and AM /FM antenna setup?

Any thoughts or advice on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
If it easily unscrews, it's a mast. The base is even "nut shaped". Easy peasy.
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

My 93 Laredo has a powered mast. Also a US model.

Mine also has power seats and door locks though.
zjosh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #7
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

It is definitely possible to run both your cb and radio through the same antenna.

Guys I know that have done this usually run their am/fm through the cb antenna and not the other way around because your normal radio antenna is not really well suited for cb transmission due to the way the radio waves work, but am/fm works pretty well through a cb antenna.
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.