Harmonic Balancer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Harmonic Balancer

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 05-26-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
TheHalfWit
1995 ZJ 

Harmonic Balancer

Well it looks like I need to replace mine, the pulley is out of alignment and that's why the belt was clunking a while back. (It stopped for 2 months after I cleaned the belt, but now its back. so today in Fuel injection 1 I asked my professor if he had any idea what it could be, he said take a straight edge to the pulleys, and sure enough the crankshaft pulley is sticking out by a hair.)

So the question is, do I need to buy anything other then the pulley? The current plan is to replace it on campus, and they have a wide selection of pullers. I know I might need to rent an installer that fits 1/2 by 20 threads. Do I have to buy a bolt for the bc, and does anyone have any tips or recommendations for installing one? (I have the 4.0 and everything I've seen says the radiator can stay installed while I'm doing this.)

I Have a haynes manual, and I plan on reading it to see what it says on the subject, but it doesn't give a nice parts listing.

Edit: I'm hoping to buy the ATP harmonic balancer, from what I've heard the doorman one isn't very long lasting.

If a week goes by without needing to replace something, pinch me because I must be dreaming.
TheHalfWit is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.