HAPPY NEW YEAR !! The ZJ has been workin ! - JeepForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 01-01-2013, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
hdrocknroll
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Flint
Posts: 2,274
HAPPY NEW YEAR !! The ZJ has been workin !

The ZJ has been workin hard.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20121229_164621.jpg   Last load.jpg   IMG_20121213_153559.jpg   DSCI0401.jpg  

Always !! Keep A Firm Grip On Your Tool !!

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story


Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.


hdrocknroll is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 01-01-2013, 05:01 AM
phitmein
Web Wheeler
 
phitmein's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbia
Posts: 2,865
sweet, maybe you can pick up a Pizza now and get it back while it is still hot.

Or was that Zee Jay ?

No, I think that was you.

Happy New Years day guys.
phitmein is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 01-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Concolour
Registered User
1994 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 610
I don't think my zj wanted to turn nineteen lol. We'll get her running by the end of the week
Concolour is offline  
post #4 of 13 Old 01-06-2013, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
hdrocknroll
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Flint
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by phitmein View Post
sweet, maybe you can pick up a Pizza now and get it back while it is still hot.

Or was that Zee Jay ?

No, I think that was you.

Happy New Years day guys.
Oh ,ya that was me , under the hood, screw driver in one hand, flash light in the other ,
slab of pizza hangin out the side of my mouth , gotta feed the beast to work

Always !! Keep A Firm Grip On Your Tool !!

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story


Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.


hdrocknroll is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 01-07-2013, 03:21 AM
phitmein
Web Wheeler
 
phitmein's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbia
Posts: 2,865
What kind of firewood is that ?
It just doesn't look like good hardwood to me .

Down here we got the all the good stuff like a dozen kind of Oaks, Hickory etc.
Why is it that we got all the good stuff here, when we don't need it nearly as bad as you guys do there ?

I think I know the answer but I still got to ask .

Do yourself a favor and buy one of these, they rock big time and I carry one with me if I go anywhere or if I am working under a ride or anytime I can't see well .

http://www.toolsource.com/dual-mode-...rceid=googleps
phitmein is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 02-08-2013, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
hdrocknroll
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Flint
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by phitmein View Post
What kind of firewood is that ?
It just doesn't look like good hardwood to me .

Down here we got the all the good stuff like a dozen kind of Oaks, Hickory etc.
Why is it that we got all the good stuff here, when we don't need it nearly as bad as you guys do there ?

I think I know the answer but I still got to ask .

Do yourself a favor and buy one of these, they rock big time and I carry one with me if I go anywhere or if I am working under a ride or anytime I can't see well .

http://www.toolsource.com/dual-mode-...rceid=googleps
All pics , Ash, Oak Elm, Apple wood

Always !! Keep A Firm Grip On Your Tool !!

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story


Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.


hdrocknroll is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 04-29-2014, 02:03 AM Thread Starter
hdrocknroll
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Flint
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by phitmein View Post
What kind of firewood is that ?
It just doesn't look like good hardwood to me .

Down here we got the all the good stuff like a dozen kind of Oaks, Hickory etc.
Why is it that we got all the good stuff here, when we don't need it nearly as bad as you guys do there ?

I think I know the answer but I still got to ask .

Do yourself a favor and buy one of these, they rock big time and I carry one with me if I go anywhere or if I am working under a ride or anytime I can't see well .

http://www.toolsource.com/dual-mode-...rceid=googleps
How you been phit ?
ZJ is still on the job , 1 loose wire and a new battery , only probs in last year,
Pic from yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
20140424_183425resize.jpg  

Always !! Keep A Firm Grip On Your Tool !!

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story


Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.


hdrocknroll is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 04-30-2014, 10:17 PM
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler
 
Uniblurb's Avatar
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Central
Posts: 6,988
Alright HD you wood hoarder!

Looks like good hardwood and you must have a gas-powered splitter to split that elm!
Uniblurb is online now  
post #9 of 13 Old 04-30-2014, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
hdrocknroll
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Flint
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uniblurb View Post
Alright HD you wood hoarder!

Looks like good hardwood and you must have a gas-powered splitter to split that elm!
You gota hoard it if you wanna keep warm and burn dry wood
Burned a lot of ash last couple years
I have a 7 ton electric, it does a very good job for what it is and it will split that nasty elm.
The load above is part of a CL scrounge I picked up.
Ended up with about a cord, some Chinese Elm, cherry, mulberry, box elder and a little birch n pine.
Do you have your own land you cut from ?

Always !! Keep A Firm Grip On Your Tool !!

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story


Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.


hdrocknroll is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 04-30-2014, 11:44 PM
phitmein
Web Wheeler
 
phitmein's Avatar
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Columbia
Posts: 2,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrocknroll View Post
How you been phit ?
ZJ is still on the job , 1 loose wire and a new battery , only probs in last year, Pic from yesterday
Real good it seems and thanks for asking .

Today is May Day/my B-day, so " oops I did it again " .
phitmein is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 04-30-2014, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
hdrocknroll
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Flint
Posts: 2,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by phitmein View Post
Real good it seems and thanks for asking .

Today is May Day/my B-day, so " oops I did it again " .
Well !!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Your not getting older your just getting better
Just turned 60 myself in Feb

Always !! Keep A Firm Grip On Your Tool !!

Watch Out For The Air Hose Gone Wild!! Or Wear A Cup,: True Story


Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
Whats the worse that can happen? Your jeeps already broke.


hdrocknroll is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 05-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler
 
Uniblurb's Avatar
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Central
Posts: 6,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrocknroll View Post
You gota hoard it if you wanna keep warm and burn dry wood
Burned a lot of ash last couple years
I have a 7 ton electric, it does a very good job for what it is and it will split that nasty elm.
The load above is part of a CL scrounge I picked up.
Ended up with about a cord, some Chinese Elm, cherry, mulberry, box elder and a little birch n pine.
Do you have your own land you cut from ?
I burn a lot of white ash too HD along with wild cherry, sugar maple, beech, red elm, black walnut, a little oak, etc..
You're lucky you can cut that wood so far in advance and often I have to "kiln dry" the dead wood I've split. In other words I stack it on end all around my woodstove and then use dry wood for burning as the other wood around the stove dries out.
Interesting about your 7-ton electric splitter being able to handle hard to split wood and I've always wondered that?
Unfortunately I don't have free range wood cutting here since it's not my woods/land. But the ice/wind storms sure have brought the trees down over the past 10 years and cut them off of the yard/drive edges in the woods.
I'm about completely out of wood I burned so much this year. I have a 60' spruce cut/split from last year but half afraid to burn it because of the creosote it may form in my old triple-wall chimney pipe.
I have 4 years on you!
Uniblurb is online now  
post #13 of 13 Old 05-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler
 
Uniblurb's Avatar
1996 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Central
Posts: 6,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdrocknroll View Post
Well !!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Your not getting older your just getting better
Just turned 60 myself in Feb
Happy Birthday phit and congrats to you too HD!
Uniblurb is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome