Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Had a steering issue before seafoaming, starting to get better

539 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  blovingier 
#1 ·
I seafoamed my 5.2 yesterday two different ways. Did half the can through the brake booster vacuum line to the intake manifold, and around 4 - 5 oz in the throttle body.

It smoked like crazy, which is always a good sign. The thing is, before seafoaming the engine, I've been having a steering problem where the steering gets insanely difficult to turn when you are at a stop or real slow. I know it's not my VC because I don't have wheel hopping.

Anyhow - after the seafoaming and letting all that crap burn out, I noticed my car is not locking the steering up as bad, it's like 70% more easy to turn now.

What I'm wondering here is that is there a vacuum line that goes to the power steering pump or something that provides vacuum to assist steering and could've been cleaned out when I seafoamed yesterday? The power steering fluid levels are fine, and were not touched. :cheers2:

#4 ·
Have you ever changed out your power steering fluid? I had a bit of a whine starting in mine awhile back and I changed the fluid out and it has run perfect since. It's just a thought and it's only like $5-$10 for power steering fluid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.