I am working on doing a full tune up on my 1997 ZJ that I recently purchased. I have the 4.0 with 42RE and NP242. I am planning on changing the fluid in the Tcase along with the transmission. Also going to change the fluid in both differentials and grease the suspension. I had a couple questions about the following. I have the Dana 30 front differential and the Dana 35C with Trac-Loc on the rear differential. This jeep is my Daily Driver but I will be taking it mild offroading on occasion but nothing major as of now.
1. The Tcase andTranny both take ATF +4 correct? I'm planning on using the Valvoline ATF +4 synthetic fluid.
2. What differential fluid should I be using in the front and rear differential? Isn't there some additive I should use in the rear differential? Any certain brand of additive?
3. I planned on using Fel-Pro gasket and filter for the Transmission is this good?
4. On the differentials I don't know whether to use Fel-Pro gaskets for differentials or should I use RTV? I will be getting the Lubelocker reusable gaskets if they are worth it but probably not for a little while.
5. My suspension upgrades are in my sig along with Moog ball joints and such and I am undecided as to what grease I should be using for my suspension? I have seen both green and red Mystik, Lucas heavy duty, standard store brand multi-purpose, and heavy duty Moly-Lithium Grease.
Any help would be great! I haven't done this type of work much before which should explain all my noobie questions
but I want to make sure I am doing it right and want to take care of my jeep.
Thanks to all the Jeep owners!!!