Grand, oil pan removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Grand, oil pan removal

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-14-2002, 08:48 PM   #1
TPolk

Grand, oil pan removal

I have to put a new rear main seal in my 93 Grand, 4.0, auto w/ Quadra-Trac. Can anyone tell me if & how much I am going to have to raise the motor to remove the oil pan. Any tips or warnings would be greatly appreciated. I had a bad experience removing the pan on my friends Phord Ranger, It threatened our frienship. I swear if Phord made toilets, they would have engineered it so you would have to stick your hand in the water to flush it.

NRA Life Member & I vote
TPolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2002, 06:43 PM   #2
sadler207j

I just pulled the pan off my 93zj, I hydro locked #1 and bent the rod. any way, I had to lossen the starter and disconect the steering stabalizer bar, the pan came right out. I have a 4" lift but I dont see that making and differance. good luck, I know I need it.
sadler207j is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2002, 11:46 PM   #3
PEEJ JZ

MY REAR MAIN IS LEAKING ALSO so maybe when your done you could give me some tips. i did use no-leak engine seal and it did help the leak , but for how long? :

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.