Grand cherokee and wagoneer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Grand cherokee and wagoneer

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineArtec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 04-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
gdeckerjr

Grand cherokee and wagoneer

I can get an 88 jeep grand wagoneer 4.5 in lift cheap with bad motor I have a 96 jeep grand cherokee with a bad trans is the trans the same from what I can see it is and how about suspension? Any info would be appreciated thanks guys in advance

gdeckerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

Pretty sure its coils vs leaf springs, so no suspension. And I think the trans was a 727 or 518 on '88, so no go there too.

Get a second opinion
HighLonesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
kensnelling
1998 ZJ 

X2, totally different suspension, an SJ had leaf springs on all four corners where your ZJ has coil springs on all four corners.
The transmission in the SJ is a 3 speed hydralic controlled transmission where your ZJ has an electronic controlled 4 speed overdrive transmission. Plus, the bellhousing bolt pattern is different on the 360 AMC engine.
kensnelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

pretty much nothing the same between them. a few bolts.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
pretty much nothing the same between them. a few bolts.
other than theyre both jeeps and they are both "grand"

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.