Grand Cherokee Stalling Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Grand Cherokee Stalling Issues

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 10-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
stryker703
1996 ZJ 

Grand Cherokee Stalling Issues

I have been having some trouble with my 96 ZJ 5.2L V8. It seems to idle fine (around 500-750), but when it goes from high RPM's to idle - the RPM's go all the way down to anywhere from 0-200. Sometimes it will pick back up and sometimes the engine will just die (but all the electronics inside keep working without interruption). This has been happening more frequently the last 2 weeks, and more recently it has had trouble starting (every once and a while). I have cleaned the IAC and just replaced the fuel filter. The IAC seemed to fix the problem for a little while, but then its just back to the same problem. The fuel filter didn't really make a difference in RPM's. Please let me know what you think.

stryker703 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air , dies , fuel , iac , stall

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.