Grafting 04 Limited bumper section onto a 97 ZJ Limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Grafting 04 Limited bumper section onto a 97 ZJ Limited

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 01-12-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
josephmartins
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Grafting 04 WJ Limited bumper section onto a 97 ZJ Limited

This is an interesting idea I've been toying with, and I'm wondering if anyone out there has done anything like it. And also what you all think of it.

How cool would it be to graft the bottom half of an 04 WJ Limited bumper onto the upper half of a ZJ bumper? I'd get the round fog lights which I love, the smoother front fascia and the single-large lower opening.

Of course it's one thing to Photoshop it, and quite another to graft these two very different pieces together, but here's what it might look like:

The picture above is of a 98 5.9L with an 04 Limited bumper, but that's pretty close to how my 97 ZJ would look since I'm already installing the 5.9L grille and louvers. The only difference...mine is black.

Anyone here with an 04 willing to take a couple of bumper measurements for me to see if this is feasible? I'd really appreciate it.

Joe Martins
Milford, NH

12 Wrangler Sahara JK8 conversion, <10 miles (FOR SALE, $56,700)
01 WJ Limited, 4.7, 247, black on black, 157k miles (sold)
96 XJ Classic, 4.0, 242, black on grey, 267k miles (sold)
00 XJ Sport, 4.0, 242, fern green on grey, 76k miles (sold)
90 XJ Wagoneer, 4.0, 242, burgundy on tan, unknown mileage (sold)
97 ZJ Limited, 5.2, 249, black on black, 138k miles (wrecked 12/15/05)
98 ZJ Limited, 5.2, 249, burgundy on black, 197k miles (sold)
josephmartins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2005, 10:44 PM   #2
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

If you could pull it off and make it look good it would be real sweet!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.