Got Sirius in the WJ! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Got Sirius in the WJ!

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
Shinner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Got Sirius in the WJ!

Just put the OEM Sirius setup (minus the OEM antenna) in my wife's WJ today.....pretty simple. Now, just keeing an eye out for an affordable RB1.

Here's a link to the whole gory (ok, not so gory really) install

Black Jeep Society - Black Jeep Club V2.0 #37 - Merry Wacko Jeep Club #37 - Metalhead Jeep Club #37 - 2.5L Low Output Jeep Club #37
Shinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
jeep_on

Nice. I'm looking to into putting Sirius in my WJ as well. I have a 2000 so I will have to upgrade the raido when I do it, mite as well go with the RB1 when I do... But there gos around a grand so this project is sitting on the back burner.

Thanks for the install photos, I'll have to refer them them when I do my install.

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2006, 09:55 AM   #3
Shinner
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
Nice. I'm looking to into putting Sirius in my WJ as well. I have a 2000 so I will have to upgrade the raido when I do it, mite as well go with the RB1 when I do... But there gos around a grand so this project is sitting on the back burner.
I hear ya....I really wanted to do the RB1 but just the receiver and install kit alone was a litle under $300. So for now, it'll do. Things like not being able to directly enter a channel number in and also memorize songs (like I can with my Sportsters) kind of suck, but it's just an inconvenience really....can get along without it for now. Oh, and no signal strength meter sucks too. If I could see that, it would help with diagnosing my antenna concerns. As much as I hate to drill a hole in the roof to install the OEM antenna, I may end up doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
Thanks for the install photos, I'll have to refer them them when I do my install.
No problem.....I missed a few shots along the way. I was taking my time documenting each step but then it started to rain so I took less pictures and got it done quicker. Running the harness from the multiplexer up to the antenna underneath the rear piller and headliner really didn't need pix anyway...it's the easiest part of the install.

Black Jeep Society - Black Jeep Club V2.0 #37 - Merry Wacko Jeep Club #37 - Metalhead Jeep Club #37 - 2.5L Low Output Jeep Club #37
Shinner is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.