Got my windows tinted :) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Got my windows tinted :)

Halloween Savings to die for!THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-06-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
Dillonzj
1998 ZJ 

Got my windows tinted :)

A Friend of mine works at a car customization shop... and he tinted mine for me on the side so it wouldn't be as expensive.. He does extremely good work... I love it.. He did my Geo storm too... but I dont have that car anymore...

This was my 91 Geo Storm gsi the first car he tinted for me..

But anyway heres the Jeep

He tinted over the backs factory tint.. since its inside the glass you cant really take it off but it made it darker... and then he tinted the front to match..

Thanks
Dillon

Crane Cam shaft and Crane, Roller Rockers, bored .030 over, edelbrock performer heads, M1 Intake manifold, Fasstman throttle body, magnacore wires, platinum plugs, K&N FIPK, dough thorley headers,3" high flow cat, 3" magnaflow mandrel bent exhaust, SCT tuned

***future mods -5.5 IRO LA - KOR sliders -KOR roof rack -

SOLD-
95' JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED
188k 5.2L v8 White 98 ZJ rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmd454 View Post
...we all know they empty our pockets...yet they fill our hearts...

MY BUILD THREAD
Dillonzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #2
Darthteddy
1955 M-38 

Backseat Privacy Ready. . ..

Gets DarthTeddys Seal of Approval.
55 Willy's M38a1 - 231v6, 33" Super Swampers, D44 Full Floater Rear, Locked Front and Rear, 5.38 Gears, Viair OBA, Bilsteen 5100 shocks, Dana 18, Turbo 350, S10 Power Steering, Tilt-wheel, Full Cage, Flat Fenders....
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #3
CMARJEEP
2001 WJ 

you are OG status now playa.
Unread 06-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #4
LaCeS OuT
1994 ZJ 

Looks good. I did the same 5 years ago when I got mine. I did it the week after I got it. 20% all around. I got to redo them because they started turning purple. What tint did he use? Bronze or smoked? It looks smoked. I used bronze to match the factory.

Jeep Sold! 02/2009

Need AMSOIL? Click Here!
LaCeS OuT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
Dillonzj
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCeS OuT View Post
Looks good. I did the same 5 years ago when I got mine. I did it the week after I got it. 20% all around. I got to redo them because they started turning purple. What tint did he use? Bronze or smoked? It looks smoked. I used bronze to match the factory.
my original factory tint was smoked... and so thats what he used to match it and make the rear darker... It was llumar brand tint witch is supposed to be one of the best...

Thanks
Dillon

Crane Cam shaft and Crane, Roller Rockers, bored .030 over, edelbrock performer heads, M1 Intake manifold, Fasstman throttle body, magnacore wires, platinum plugs, K&N FIPK, dough thorley headers,3" high flow cat, 3" magnaflow mandrel bent exhaust, SCT tuned

***future mods -5.5 IRO LA - KOR sliders -KOR roof rack -

SOLD-
95' JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LIMITED
188k 5.2L v8 White 98 ZJ rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmd454 View Post
...we all know they empty our pockets...yet they fill our hearts...

MY BUILD THREAD
Dillonzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
LaCeS OuT
1994 ZJ 

I guess in 95 they changed it. My 94 is bronze stock.

Jeep Sold! 02/2009

Need AMSOIL? Click Here!
Unread 06-06-2008, 11:21 AM   #7
XtrailratedJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

How dark is that? I have 5% all around, and its even darker in the rear because they did the same and tinted over the factory tint. Llumar is definately the way to go. Gangsta...

Originally Posted by Durt_Diver:
Those pics might be a little too flexy for this thread. You don't happen to have any pics of your friends xj on a curb by chance?
XtrailratedJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2008, 11:24 AM   #8
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

wow, whats the legal limit out in Indiana for tinting, here in Ohio, we can't do any lower than 50% on the front windows but some people do 35% and it looks fine and they seem to not get pulled over. My neighbor had 20% on his jag and got a ticket.
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2008, 11:57 AM   #9
LaCeS OuT
1994 ZJ 

In NYC its 100% illegal for any tint. I only got tickets when I got pulled over for something else (ie speeding).

Jeep Sold! 02/2009

Need AMSOIL? Click Here!
Unread 06-06-2008, 11:59 AM   #10
Sporer65
1993 ZJ 

Looks good. I would like to get a tint eventually since my windows are as clear as day, but not that dark. But, I would rather spend my money on other stuff.

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8: Rear Aussie, 3.5" Lift, 31" M/Ts

GA Trail Riders
Sporer65 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #11
JeepOrvis97
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCeS OuT View Post
In NYC its 100% illegal for any tint. I only got tickets when I got pulled over for something else (ie speeding).
lol, cops, especially in my town seem to pull you over for just about everything. I was stopped at the entrance to a utility road on the side of a road for about 2 minutes reconnecting the ground to my amp. and the cop just had to pull in and run my information.

I do still plan on doing 35% tint on my front windows, is that about the factory spec on the rears?
JeepOrvis97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2008, 02:10 PM   #12
LaCeS OuT
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeporvis97 View Post
lol, cops, especially in my town seem to pull you over for just about everything. I was stopped at the entrance to a utility road on the side of a road for about 2 minutes reconnecting the ground to my amp. and the cop just had to pull in and run my information.

I do still plan on doing 35% tint on my front windows, is that about the factory spec on the rears?
Yeah Cops are bad out here too. I think I get away with it because its a truck and most of the windows are tinted out of the factory. I actually argued with a cop and won about my tints. He was *****ing about the rear tints being too dark (limo) and I told him trucks come factory with tint and pointed out explorers and such driving by. He let me go.....one in a million chance without a PBA card.

Jeep Sold! 02/2009

Need AMSOIL? Click Here!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.