Goodyear wrangler tires. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Goodyear wrangler tires.

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #16
ZJ_This
1997 ZJ 

had some on mine until i upgraded to 31" duratracs. not bad considering the price, they held air are were round.

Unread 08-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #17
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJ_This View Post
had some on mine until i upgraded to 31" duratracs. not bad considering the price, they held air are were round.
Lol so does oprah
Kevinyj95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:32 PM   #18
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinyj95 View Post
Most horrible tires I have ever had Goodyear wrangler rts. Cause two car accidents. First one I was towing a tow along and went thru a red light into traffic because of a light dusting of snow. Second my wife was driving turned and vehicle slid into another car because of ice. Got stuck on grass. Hydroplaned all the time. horrible tires even for highyway use. I don't know about the others but the rts I wouldn't put on my lawn mower.
sounds like both were caused by inclement weather conditions. im sure these a bunch of tires that wouldve done the same thing.

now im not at all defending goodyear, because goodyear sucks, but im just sayin.
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #19
mtsgsd
1995 ZJ 

I've mentioned this in a similar thread, but when I worked in a garage, that was the one tire that all customers who had used them hated. We would have people swapping them out for new tires on new vehicles. Never used them myself because of that.
mtsgsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #20
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinyj95
Most horrible tires I have ever had Goodyear wrangler rts. Cause two car accidents. First one I was towing a tow along and went thru a red light into traffic because of a light dusting of snow. Second my wife was driving turned and vehicle slid into another car because of ice. Got stuck on grass. Hydroplaned all the time. horrible tires even for highyway use. I don't know about the others but the rts I wouldn't put on my lawn mower.
X2 they are the worst tire I've ever had
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #21
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

Balled bfgs would work better than rts. I would slide around on grass with awd. horrible tire. Scorpions would work better lmao. I use to be a tire tech at tire warehouse. Wonderful job changing tires in slush outside in the winter. If you want a good tire mickey thompsons. Bfgs are good not as good as mickeys. But there good for 60k If rotated properly. They do tend to gunk up in sticky stuff. But there excellent in snow rain hail sand mud. Thornbird tires are good as well.
Kevinyj95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #22
jabba974
1996 ZJ 

I'm running a set of Cooper discoverer M&S's and my GC is the 3rd vehicle I have had this perticular set on....And they Do awesome in the rain and snow..and have a pretty decent tread on them...
jabba974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #23
01xjltd
2001 XJ Cherokee 

goodyear wrangler tires

Ive had these tire on for about a week and ive noticed a slight bulge outward on the sidewall. There is a bulge inward and the about 6 inches away from the inward bulge, it bulges outward. This a defective tire ?
01xjltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #24
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01xjltd View Post
Ive had these tire on for about a week and ive noticed a slight bulge outward on the sidewall. There is a bulge inward and the about 6 inches away from the inward bulge, it bulges outward. This a defective tire ?
uhh id say so
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:53 PM   #25
CrzyMtnMan
1996 ZJ 

Our Jeep came with a set of Wranglers on it, no complaints, they are down to about 2/32nds now so I have been shopping for a new set. Right at 3 years on these now.
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #26
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

here's the thing... which wrangler tire are you talking about... there are a few... RTS, SR-A, Radial, Authority, Duratrac, AT/S, Silentarmor, Armortrac, HT, ST, MT/R, HP, AT, probably some others
AmishFury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 11:34 PM   #27
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

SR-A are **** tires, just sayin
Unread 08-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #28
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Used to run Goodyear Wranglers on all our family's 4 Jeeps but they wore so fast from highway driving gave up on them. Seemed like a soft rubber tire and agree with others where I couldn't even go up a slight hill on wet grass w/o slipping all over..

Been running Michelin M/S's for years and really like them. Don't really do much off-roading but they sure come in handy driving our rural areas and coming up my steep/windy 900' gravel drive in the winter months. They don't hydroplane hardly at all and can get 50-60K miles out of a set.

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #29
01xjltd
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I Bought 4 straight wrangler tires. Took off 4 Wrangler ats tires. I had no issues with the ats tires although i diddnt have them long. Ive always thought goodyear made a good tire, but the problems im having with these, and a set of tracker 2 tires i just bought, leaves me thinking otherwise.
01xjltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.