Good way of mounting roof rack??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Good way of mounting roof rack???

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 07-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #1
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Good way of mounting roof rack???

so i mounted the roof rack i bought off craigslist for $20
i decided to mount the rack underneath the factory cross bars and it ended up working out really well, maybe this will help someone else out bc it puts the rack's cross bars directly on top of the factory slide rails (first pic)

i also have a roof spoiler from some small truck that lost it illegally wheeling on my property (pics 2-3).
WHat do you guys think? should i paint her black and mount it up???

roof-rack-1.jpg   roof-rack-4.jpg   roof-rack-3.jpg  
Unread 07-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
MineRunnerZJ
1998 ZJ 

I think the rack looks good but, not digging the roof visor. I think at the very least you should cut the peices that extend above the rack.

SOLD - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L Some go fast goodies, JK Moabs 255/75R17 BFG M/Ts, MX-6s, 4'' RE Lift - Super Ride Adj. control arms, Addco's, JKS trackbars/discos..... Kolak Exhaust/Ignition, SCT tuned!
ARB Bull Bar
SOLD - 99 TJ 4.0L AX15 -
6" Rubicon Express Springs/Disco's, Clayton's Long Arm w/ triangulated 4 link, Ford 8.8 4.56 gears. JB SS SYE, Tom Woods Driveshafts. Poison Spider Rocker Knockers
K&N Intake, Flowmaster Cat and 50 series, Custom Front/Rear Bumpers with Warn XD9000i.
Rollin on 35" BFG A/T's
SOLD - 93 ZJ 4'' RE lift, 32 BFG MT tons of other goodies!

[B]NoVA Jeepers[/B]
MineRunnerZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2011, 11:27 AM   #3
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

yah, i was thinking the same, or maybe slide it down so those tabs are flush with the top of the rack, im also gonna have 2 daylighters in each of the 2 gaps left by the roof visor, thanks for the input
Unread 07-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #4
1stblack97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Nice rack bro but not digging the visor at ALL. IMO just leave it off, unless you can cut enough off to make it look good.
Plenty of lights
1stblack97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.