Is this a good price for dealer service? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Is this a good price for dealer service?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-10-2004, 08:04 AM   #1
Astorm

Is this a good price for dealer service?

Its time for the big service on my WJ. I called up my local dealer and got a quote for the following service. They said it was "Flat Rate" so it won't ramdomly go up.

F/R Diffs with synthetic fluid and friction modifier
Transfer Case
Radiator Flush
Transmission Flush and Filters Replaced
Spark Plugs Replaced
New Fuel Filter
Fuel System Cleaning

They said $525 for all of the above

I do my own oil and I have an FIPK, so those aren't an issue.

Is this a good deal?

Flowmaster 50-Series
K&N FIPK/RamIt
Every Option
Astorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 10:03 AM   #2
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorm
Its time for the big service on my WJ. I called up my local dealer and got a quote for the following service. They said it was "Flat Rate" so it won't ramdomly go up.

F/R Diffs with synthetic fluid and friction modifier
Transfer Case
Radiator Flush
Transmission Flush and Filters Replaced
Spark Plugs Replaced
New Fuel Filter
Fuel System Cleaning

They said $525 for all of the above

I do my own oil and I have an FIPK, so those aren't an issue.

Is this a good deal?

It sounds pretty much like the standard deal to me. I have never take a vehicle to a dealer for maintenance, so all I can go by is other people. I have a friend that has all his maintenance done at the dealer and I remember he spent about 900 bucks to do his 90,000 mile service.
HTH
Unread 09-10-2004, 11:51 AM   #3
JeepStangGuy
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Let me explain how flat rate works, Flat rate means they charge on what the book says you can do it in, if they do it in less time the tech gets extra money in his pocket and goes on to the next job, For example the tech will probably throw your jeep up on a lift and be draining all of the fluids at once when he we be paid and you will most likely be billed as if he did them seperately. This is how our technicians can do 16-20 hrs of work in an 8-10 hr day.

On a side note it sound like a pretty standard price for the dealership.

David
JeepStangGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2004, 05:25 PM   #4
Astorm

The reason I like flat rate is this. I once brought in an Expedition I had for spark plugs, nothing more. I saw on the board, it said "8 Cylinder-$69.95". They confirm that it WILL be that.

I show up 5 hours later, to the tune of $385 for spark plugs. They told me that it "took longer than expected".

I don't care how much time he spends on it, I just want to know how much its going to cost before I agree to it.
Flowmaster 50-Series
K&N FIPK/RamIt
Every Option
Astorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.