Good carpet cleaner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Good carpet cleaner

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-09-2003, 07:37 PM   #1
JAURS

Good carpet cleaner

I went off-roading this weekend in my ZJ and found myself in around 4ft of water. I run 31" tires, but some water came in through both the front driver side and passenger doors. I didn't get much water inside, but after using the wet-dry vacuum at the car wash, the floor is still a little damp. Anyone been in a similar situation and found a good cleaner to use on the carpet? Also, I ran the heat to get rid of some of the dampness so the wetness wouldn't do any damage to the floor, will this be enough to prevent a future problem? Thanks for the help.

JAURS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2003, 08:19 PM   #2
Jeeper4life

I had a similar problem when i went wheelin and ended up with water up to the door handles
my xj was totally swamped with water and mud it was not a pretty site

after taking 50 gallons of water out of it with my 8gal wet vac i let it dry for a few days until the mud harden then used carpet cleaner i think it was "409" to clean carpet.

it took about three weeks before all the smell was gone.

any carpet cleaner should do the job just make sure all the water is out or your jeep will smell like mildew all the time

Might i added my jeep still runs strong gotta love em
Jeeper4life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2003, 07:43 AM   #3
97RedBird
2009 MK Compass 

I used laundry detergent, lots of water, and a scrubber. After I was done scrubbing I would wet vac up the water, and rinse. Again I would wet vac the water up and let it dry with the windows all down and the rear hatch up. This was in July or August so it was warm enough to let everything dry sufficiently. Still looks good and the detergent took out all the smells from the previous owner.
97RedBird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2003, 04:11 PM   #4
JAURS

Thanks for the replies. I've tried using just some cleaner I had and using the wet-dry vac again. It seems to be working and doesn't really smell or look that bad. Now it's on to changing the transmission fluid and front and rear differential fluids. The transmission doesn't look like it sucked up any water at all, but I'll probably do it anyway to be safe. Jeeps truly are tough, I am pleasantly surprised that I was able to get out of that situation and 4 wheel the rest of the day.
JAURS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2003, 08:12 AM   #5
bazfan1234

I really like Tuff Stuff carpet cleaner. It always seems to work plus it smells good. I had a camaro with t-tops that leaked all the time so I had to clean the carpet all the time. It would get ride of the mildew smell also. Moral of the story...never buy a camaro.
bazfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.