glove box removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > glove box removal

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-28-2006, 08:33 PM   #1
jlank

glove box removal

Would someone please tell me how in the world to remove my glove box? The antenna connector has come loose I think because I can only receive one station and it goes in and out. Drives me nuts.

Thanks in Advance
Joel

Unread 04-28-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
99wjman

on the wj its pretty simple its a little connecting rod u have to pop out of the side and then 3 hooks on the bottom one going to opposite way. pop that one off with say a screw driver and the it should just slide off. sorry if this is no help but i had to take the entire dash off to change the freaking cursid blend air doors
Bridgestone dueler revos
99wjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2006, 10:08 PM   #3
Decipticon

You dont need to remove the glove box, the connection you are looking for is up next to the blower motor. You may want to remove the pass. kick panel to get more room. Its tucked up high i think.
Unread 04-28-2006, 10:26 PM   #4
scubatch2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlank
Would someone please tell me how in the world to remove my glove box? The antenna connector has come loose I think because I can only receive one station and it goes in and out. Drives me nuts.

Thanks in Advance
Joel
just remove the top piece off the dash(the one w/the speaker grill's)then there are a few screws on the top and the bottom and the whole piece will come out.
95 zj 5.2,Re 4.5+3/4in spacer,456's,true-trac frt,trac-lock rear,Hanson rockers,33"MTRs,surco,hella's,high-lift,flow-masters&cat,ax&shovel mounted on rack,onboard air,231 swap,Hanson front & rear bumper,ford elec fan
- jeff-

jeep pics
scubatch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #5
jlank

Thanks guys could'nt find any antennae extension seems to be one long piece. Guess the stock radio just sucks at reception. On the bright side I did find another station that it picks not my kind of music but thats the way it goes!!

Joel
Unread 04-30-2006, 06:07 PM   #6
jlank

Allright put in a new head unit retraced the antennae line still no extension. Circuit City's computer wiring diagrams don't show it either. The lead is bundled with all the radio wires leading thru the dash. I took off the antennae itself which was loose already part of the problem I thought to my self, cleaned the threaded areas and guess what still crappy reception!!! This is driving crazy I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks
Joel

94 Grand Cherokee Laredo
Unread 05-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #7
jlank

Still looking for ideas
Unread 05-01-2006, 08:28 PM   #8
Nick ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Well, this is kinda out there, but CDs work pretty good lol.

Take it to an audio shop. They do that stuff for a living, im sure they know whats going on.

Quote:
This is the classic "Unstoppable Force" versus "Immoveable Object" debate. The result? Destruction of the Universe.
Quote:
last time i tried fording a river 2 of my oxen died and i got dysentary
Nick ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #9
jlank

Yeah cd's are great except in morning when I want to listen to my favorite morning show.

Joel
Unread 07-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #10
nhinkle

might try a amp, sure you can pick one up off the internet kinda cheap, just look around an infinity gold just went for 50 dollars a couple days ago, that's what they said was wrong with my ZJ, and personally just thought going junkyarding tomorow and hoping to find one and be given at a reasonable price who knows??
nhinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2006, 03:55 PM   #11
Decipticon

well...thanks for bringing this one back from the dead

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.