Glad I did this. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Glad I did this.

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-29-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Glad I did this.

So in my seemingly never ending quest to prepare for the head project I decided to test fit the STOCK intake and APN header to the head. Looked good at first with the bolts just lightly snugged until I realized the bottom row of bolt washers were sitting at a angle. Well thats no good. First, at the bottom of the #6 runner on the intake was a small casting tit in the way. Filed it off, and it was better, but not acceptable. Then I noticed the support rib at #6 was bumping the #6 header tube. Took a dremel flap wheel a cut out a "U" shape on the manifold and viola both manifolds sat perfectly flat,and the bolts sat level.

Would have included pics but I forgot to put in the sd card and couldn't find the usb cord. But I'm just glad I did this off the vehicle.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2014, 05:17 PM   #2
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

it would have been a bee-otch installing it twice on the carport in the middle of NWFL summer heat.
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

Yeppers.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.