Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

gimme some opinions

660 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  knate24 
#1 ·
ive settled on a 2" budget boost for my zj,now i found billet lift aluminum spacers on e-bay for under $100. and the poly ones i find every where for a similar price. please your opinions alum. or plastic and which plastic? my budget matters. also has any one removed the tupperware rocker/door armor from their grand? did it look dorky? have you painted it? did that look alright? thanks :p

#2 ·
Tupperware?????? Tupperware???? Ack! It's good armor. There's holes and stuff in the door holding those in place, so you'd be doing some bondo work if you removed the cladding. Many have painted theirs, some used Krylon Tread and Grip, RhinoLiner, Herculiner, etc. The painted ones look sharp...especially when a grip product is used.

#3 ·
I think the general thought is to avoid the aluminum spacers on ebay. Go with the poly/rubber ones that you find from Kevin, DayStar, Rusty's etc. It seems to me that if aluminum was a good option you would see those guys selling them. However maybe someone has used these aluminum ones with good luck.

#5 ·
Do you value your ride??

If you do, you'll stay with the Teraflex budget boost. It's solid! And as for the tupperware, have some respect for the armor! If you wanna paint it. Go professional or take the time to do it right, it woul;d be best to remove it to paint it and then reattach with new clips/screws. Unless you can keep the overspray off the vehicle, otherwise

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.