Getting a tranny cooler. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Getting a tranny cooler.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #16
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagTagSoldier View Post
Lol I might just do tht. But knowing I already have one I'm not in a hurry to get it done. I guess I can plan it out over the weekend. Is there already a power steering cooler under the hood or does it run through the rad?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum and has probably been edited.
There is not a power steering cooler of any kind. Look at the hoses. Just goes from pump to gear and back.

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #17
RagTagSoldier
1996 ZJ 

So just splice the hoses into the aux cooler, and top off fluid. Easy enough. Is there any benefit of this. Sorry for not looking at the moment I just got off break lol.

RagTagSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #18
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

It keeps the fluid and pump cooler so they last longer. The power steering heats things up quite a bit.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #19
RagTagSoldier
1996 ZJ 

Hm I had no idea. Well that's a definite must do then.

RagTagSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #20
LouC
2007 WK 

Yep that means you got it, they removed it for 98 for some reason. They did make the rad a bit bigger and the internal cooler bigger. The B&M I put in is bigger than the OE one, which would make a good PS cooler. Just make sure you flush out the cooler well because the fluid Chryco puts in the PS system is not the same as trans fluid. I never had a problem with the PS even when towing or driving on the beach, but if you want to do it then go for it. Just make sure there are no leaks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.