Getting ready to rip all of my hair out HELP PLEASE - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Getting ready to rip all of my hair out HELP PLEASE

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
Hemimonster425
2014 JK Wrangler 

Getting ready to rip all of my hair out HELP PLEASE

1998 JGC 4.0 if i let it sit for a day or two battery drains. I figured out that it is the number seven fuse which is the cluster fuse anyone else ever have a problem and figured a solution?

Hemimonster425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #2
ZombieJeep93
1993 ZJ 

Fuse 7 also powers the BCM (Body Control Module). The BCM controls most of the body related systems (headlights, auto headlights, vehicle theft, rke, interior lights, etc). This is the most likely cause of the problem. Its located on drivers side of instrument panel (dash) below the farthest left switch pod. You'll have to remove a panel or two below steering column to get to it. Unplug the connectors to it (3 of them, I think) and leave it unplugged for a couple of days and see if the battery still drains. The optional power amp is also powered by fuse 7. That should be under the rear seat, possibly rt side. But start with BCM, thats usually the one to cause problems.
Unread 07-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
JS97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Rear hatch ajar switch is toast. It's keeping the BCM from going to sleep after the courtesy time out shuts down.

It might also be one of the door actuators, but this problem seems to be on the rise for some strange reason. .
JS97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
Hemimonster425
2014 JK Wrangler 

also none of the lights are staying on im going to unplug the bcm. I unpluged everything in the rear door i think that is where the problem is comming from any solutions
Hemimonster425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #5
tato1111
1995 ZJ 

Yea my drivers door just did this. i had to take the door switch off. The funny thing is that Everything still works the same.

<--Mods in profile
tato1111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
airwolf9090
1996 ZJ 

I been having the power drain problem myself have you checked to see how many amps are being drained while its off? Mine is draining 3-5amps a min with it keyed off but if i open a door the amp drain goes to next to nothing a min and when i shut the door when the courtesy lights go out the 3-5amp draw is back..... So i just pulled the 7 fuse myself to see if it stops... I bet our two problems are the same thing so post back if you find out what it is....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.