Getting my New 5.9 on Monday - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Getting my New 5.9 on Monday

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #16
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyblooshoes View Post
how would one go about having it reflashed back to 93oct? is this just a dealer job? the guy i bought it from made it sound like he did it himself somehow.
Either the dealer or SCT tuner. The dealer will rip you off and the SCT tuner is much better anyways. It's around 300 bucks and comes with 3 settings. Economy, towing, performance. It stores the original settings too.

The stock 5.9 tune is basically a performance tune from the factory.

Here is some discussion on the SCT http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...-Modded-Engine

I would just call them and tell them what you want. I have been reading about these for months and can't wait to get one. http://www.hemifevertuning.com/SCT_p/sct-can.htm

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #17
billyblooshoes
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
Either the dealer or SCT tuner. The dealer will rip you off and the SCT tuner is much better anyways. It's around 300 bucks and comes with 3 settings. Economy, towing, performance. It stores the original settings too.

The stock 5.9 tune is basically a performance tune from the factory.

Here is some discussion on the SCT http://thespeedfreaks.net/showthread...-Modded-Engine

I would just call them and tell them what you want. I have been reading about these for months and can't wait to get one. http://www.hemifevertuning.com/SCT_p/sct-can.htm
so the tuner in that link is the exact one needed?
billyblooshoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyblooshoes View Post
so the tuner in that link is the exact one needed?
Just call and tell him what your specs are. I think there is an email for him too. Sean is who you want to talk to.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #19
billyblooshoes
1998 ZJ 

gotcha, thanks.
billyblooshoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.