GC Tailgate Adjustment - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > GC Tailgate Adjustment

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 06-26-2004, 01:42 PM   #1
mhouston

GC Tailgate Adjustment

The tailgate on my 1998 Grand Cherokee Limited 4 x 4 is difficult to open. I have to fiddle with it to get it to release. Does anyone know what adjustments have to be done to fix this? Had the same problem on an 88 Cherokee too.

mhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2004, 12:48 PM   #2
7thStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouston
The tailgate on my 1998 Grand Cherokee Limited 4 x 4 is difficult to open. I have to fiddle with it to get it to release. Does anyone know what adjustments have to be done to fix this? Had the same problem on an 88 Cherokee too.

Pulled off of another post.

"take off hatch interior cover.
remove 3 torx (T-45 i believe) bolts. Remove electrical connection & rod going to door handle. I use WD-40 and worked the lock loose for about 10-15 minutes. Sprayed more lubricant back in there and reinstalled. My wife is now able to open the rear hatch by herself once again.

Mine was stuck from old grease and dirt."

I have the same problem, going to try this.

Good luck.
7thStranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.