GC Noob - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > GC Noob

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 11-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #1
bluerebel
1993 ZJ 

GC Noob

Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself.

The name is Robert and I live in the "great" state of California. Apart from wheeling I also do trackdays on my R6 and enjoy spirited weekend rides.

I picked up my 93 Grand Cherokee from my brother for $500. He purchased it as a parts vehicle but never got around to it..... When I brought her home she needed some love. She needed a new steering gear box, new water pump, coolant hoses, spark plugs, fuel filter, new interior/exterior bulbs, tires, heater core and she now needs new brake pads. She runs great now.....I have a very minor coolant leak.... It's speratic too, very weird lol.

I definitely have plans for a lift, tires, rims, skid plates, rock rails, and some bumpers. I'll keep updating this thread as the upgrades come along.

:Cheers

Last edited by bluerebel; 11-20-2013 at 11:20 AM..
bluerebel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #2
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

Good luck, throw up some pics.
Unread 11-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
WJ4x4LIFE

Welcome, and glad to hear another one has been saved!
WJ4x4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerebel View Post
Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself.

The name is Robert and I live in the "great" state of California. Apart from wheeling I also do trackdays on my R6 and enjoy spirited weekend rides.

I picked up my 94 Grand cherokee from my brother for $500. He purchased it as a parts vehicle but never got around to it..... When I brought her home she needed some love. She needed a new steering gear box, new water pump, coolant hoses, spark plugs, fuel filter, new interior/exterior bulbs, tires, and she now needs new brake pads. She runs great now.....I have a very minor coolant leak.... It's speratic too, very weird lol.

I definitely have plans for a lift, tires, rims, skid plates, rock rails, and some bumpers. I'll keep updating this thread as the upgrades come along.

:Cheers
Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear that ZJ isn't rotting away anymore.

Check the common problems thread in my signature to track down the coolant leak.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #5
bluerebel
1993 ZJ 

Sorry I haven't been active but I've been busy wrenching, lol.

I'll throw up some pics tomorrow morning.

I just did a drain/fill/filter on the tranny. Dirty!!!!! Lol. I was amazed how gunked up the magnet was. Replacing front rotors/pads tommorow morning.

:
Unread 11-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
bluerebel
1993 ZJ 

Finished dropping in new rotors/pads today. Crazy how worn these things were, now I just to bleed the brakes with new brake fluid.

Old

New

Old pads

Unread 11-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Ouch! Good thing you did a brake job...
JohnCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #8
bluerebel
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCrabtree View Post
Ouch! Good thing you did a brake job...
Lol, seriously. I didn't hear anything weird when I bought it from my brother but after removing the tire to try and find my coolant leak, I decided to take a peak at the pads and was I surprised.

For 295,xxx miles..... She's not running bad after everything I've done. I'm really pleased with my purchase..... Glad I didn't let her rust away on my brothers drive way.
Unread 11-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Definitely a good save. If I were you, I would take a peek at the throttle body and see if it needs a cleaning. If no one has cleaned it in 295k miles then it will need to be cleaned.
Unread 11-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #10
bluerebel
1993 ZJ 

Some pics from today.

Jeep did great. Weird thing is though..... It's been taking some time to crank over after I shut her off and let her sit for 5-10 minutes.... I need to crank her over a couple of times. Doesn't happen all the time but more than half the time.

Weird

Unread 11-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #11
JohnCrabtree
1994 ZJ 

Weird. Might be a tired fuel pump.

Nice to a see a jeep in her natural habitat
Unread 11-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #12
bluerebel
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCrabtree
Weird. Might be a tired fuel pump. Nice to a see a jeep in her natural habitat
I've done some research and it seems like my PCM may have taken a vacation. I'll be attempting the PCM fix sometime this week I hope.
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #13
EKZJ97

I juust fixed my pcm/ecu. The guy i bought it from (used on craigslist) called it an ecu and was confused when i asked for a pcm.. Just heads up. And mine did the same thing but only for 2 times of turning of and trying to start again. Finally it died out while running in the bank drivethru with a long line of ppl behind me. Lol but i replaced the part and she fired right up. and cleaning the therottle body is a biigy once TB is off its a good idea to eaither clean or replace the three sensor on the TB. It was a world of diffrence for me after i got her running.. I have 5.2l
EKZJ97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
bluerebel
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKZJ97
I juust fixed my pcm/ecu. The guy i bought it from (used on craigslist) called it an ecu and was confused when i asked for a pcm.. Just heads up. And mine did the same thing but only for 2 times of turning of and trying to start again. Finally it died out while running in the bank drivethru with a long line of ppl behind me. Lol but i replaced the part and she fired right up. and cleaning the therottle body is a biigy once TB is off its a good idea to eaither clean or replace the three sensor on the TB. It was a world of diffrence for me after i got her running.. I have 5.2l
Good to know. I'll have to clean the TB as well. I also have the 5.2.

:Cheers.
Unread 11-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #15
bluerebel
1993 ZJ 

Just finished the PCM fix on my jeep and it worked!!!!!

She fires right up!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.