Gauge Cluster Info: - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Gauge Cluster Info:

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-22-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Gauge Cluster Info:

I know the GC gauge cluster calls for 103 bulbs for the illumination, but I had some left over 74 Tri-Power LED's which ordered for my 05 Rubicon, but I wasn't using the white ones so I put them into the 04 GC's gauge cluster. I knew I wasn't going to change the color of the gauges, but the LED's do make it brighter than the OEM 103 bulbs.

On the WJ Jeeps website they mention that installing the Overland gauge cluster into an 02-04 GC should be possible with no issues reguarding the seatbelt light and SRS light, unlike the earlier 99-01 models but has anyone done this? I'd really like to upgrade my gauge cluster, but I'd like to know if it works or not before getting my hands on one. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tad

05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
Best4x4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Just an update for anyone that wants to modify their stock gauge cluster the Tri-Power Super White LED's make the dash look much better than stock. I was able to check it out tonight after I got home and I'm very impressed with the results. I tried taking a picture of it with my digital camera, but it didn't come out good. I will try again tomorrow when I can get a hold of another camera.

Tad
05 Electric Lime Green LJ with a 4spd Auto, 2.5inch Suspension Lift, OME Shocks, OME Steering Stabilizer, 32inch BFG M/T's on 17inch Moab's using Spidertrax Spacers, UCF Aluminum TC Skid, Novak Cable Shifter, Brown Dog MML, Rokmen 1/2 BL, Banks CAI, Diehard Platinum Marine Battery, JW Speaker 8700 LED Head Lights, Safari Nets, G.E.A.R Overhead Console/G.E.A.R Tailgate Storage, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn Gas Tank Skid, Mopar Rock Crawler Rear Bumper, Warn XD9000i Winch with Warn Wireless Remote, and a Uniden 880 CB Radio
Best4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.