gas tank strap help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > gas tank strap help

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
LoveHate
1995 ZJ 

gas tank strap help

so I just noticed my pass gas tank strap has rusted completely thru and broke. 2 questions. I have a skid plate and its holding the tank up. is it ok to drive like this for a week so I can get to work? second I heard there was or is a recall on this? is that true and if so is it still in effect?

Built Not Bought #693
LoveHate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
tonyaf
2003 XJ Cherokee 

Recall search

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchVehicles I am sorry I couldn't find anything on gas straps except another forum where someone mixed up the Durango's recalls with his Cherokee. But here is the site to search recalls that I use. Wish I could have helped.
tonyaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
JasonStebbins
1997 ZJ 

With one good strap and a properly mounted skid plate, the tank should be fine for one more week.

When I replaced my fuel pump my straps literally fell into pieces when I removed them. Grabbed some new ones at Advance Auto immediately.
JasonStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #4
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHate View Post
so I just noticed my pass gas tank strap has rusted completely thru and broke. 2 questions. I have a skid plate and its holding the tank up. is it ok to drive like this for a week so I can get to work? second I heard there was or is a recall on this? is that true and if so is it still in effect?
I drove around like this for YEARS!
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.