Gas mileage... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Gas mileage...

Road Race Motorsports Fuel Calibrator for the 2007-2011 JKIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 07-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #16
MyZJ98
1997 ZJ 

Was in a hurry on the highway the other day, and was riding around 85-90 (didnt seem like I was ) and just for ha-has I check the computer and I was reading 21mpg, I was pretty shocked, but I'm also a stock 4.0L except custom intake, and short straight pipe off cat, and it was steady, no traffic or slowing down/speeding up either. Normally I look at ~15/19 city/highway.

'98 ZJ Laredo, 4.0L, 140K, NP242, stock. (Sold @205k)
'99 WJ Laredo, 4.7L, 175K, NP249, stock. (Sold @240k)
'97 ZJ Limited, 4.0L, 109K, NP249, stock.(Current)
MyZJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #17
ezflip

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZJ98 View Post
Was in a hurry on the highway the other day, and was riding around 85-90 (didnt seem like I was ) and just for ha-has I check the computer and I was reading 21mpg, I was pretty shocked,.
The computer is more for entertainment anyway and is rarely very accurate. Mine usually reads between 22-28 even around town. But I still only get 13.8 when I actually do the math after I fill up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-off70 View Post
that is about what i am getting. i think i am keeping my foot out of it for the most part. this is also with the AC cranked all the way up all the time. dang texas heat.
Im in Michigan so really no need to crank the AC quite yet. I'll be doing plugs and cleaning the IAC and throttle body tonight though so we will see if there is any increase. Oh, new shocks go in tonight too

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #18
ISUzj
2005 WK 

I have spent 0 dollars on gas for my jeep in the last month in a half....I guess that is good gas mileage, when I get back to the US, it probably will still be the 15/18 I am used to.
~~[_---_____---_\-\\\\\\-\
~~~(o) )-o---(o) )-o---) )
94ZJ 5.2 Red; Rusty's 3" Coils,Skyjacker hydro's, Brush Guard, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Roof Rack, KVG Quick Discos, 31-10.50-15's DAYTON TIMBERLINE A/T OBA 2 Gallon tank
Can't buy it? BUILD IT!! Do it cheap too cuz your in college

My Build Thread Align your jeep yourself B N B#175
ISUzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #19
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I don't know how anyone can get such a good overall mileage with a 4.0. Unless you're going on flat terrain without much variance of speed. Btw, my trip computer is pretty dead on. So I don't know why others' aren't. after calculating the mileage in my head for a time, I finally gave in. It's close enough that I don't bother with figuring the exact numbers. This last weekend with my driving 70 or above for the majority of the trip, at least half of the time with OD off, and then probably 40 miles directly in the mountains, I averaged 19.2mpg according to the trip computer. As I said, it's pretty close. Now as for my gas gauge... If only that would be more accurate!

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #20
Robb_
2002 WJ 

I have learned on long trips if i dont use my cruise control I get better mileage.
Robb_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #21
SnowLeopard
1997 ZJ 

I don't use it in areas where it won't work well, having to downshift, but I do like it on the interstate and open highway. Cruise is my friend. But it's not a great thing with the I6. At least when it comes to mileage.

"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads"
SnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #22
clmm69
1995 ZJ 

I'm getting about 15mpg on average. I haven't been on a long flat trip yet but that's what I'm getting so far.

I do have a 3.5" lift with 32's.
95 with a 5.2L
clmm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.