Gas gauge not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Gas gauge not working

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 08-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
Dodgeaholic
1997 ZJ 

Gas gauge not working

I've searched through the forums for ideas already but none of them have said anything about having this issue after replacing the fuel pump that I could find.

I have a 97 ZJ GC 4.0 with about 150k miles on it. It's been stalling every morning on the drive to work (it's a DD) three or four times, give it a few minutes and it will start back up. No issue starting unless it's been sitting for a few days, then we have to pump it a little. After it stalled a few times in the morning it was fine for the rest of the day.

Just replaced the fuel pump since it was going out and now the gas gauge reads empty when it's got about five gallons in it. Any ideas on what the issue could be? I'm out of ideas after the fuel pump..

Dodgeaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

on mine four gallons does not register on the gauge. it may just need more fuel to show up
ZeeJay1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
Dodgeaholic
1997 ZJ 

It's below the E and the gas light is on, shouldn't something show up? Just put 4.4 gallons in it and there was probably a gallon in the tank when we put it back on so I'm thinking about 5 or 6 gallons. I will try putting some more gas in it later though, thanks.
Dodgeaholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.