Garbage pcm replacement companies - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Garbage pcm replacement companies

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
technophat
1997 ZJ 

I tried AllComputerResources and CarComputerExhhange, and BOTH were an epic fail. After not being either "flashed" correctly or simply being a faulty unit, both companies had to send out a replacement for the replacement, and all four total units failed. Kolak set me up with a factory replacement and it worked on the first try. Kolaks pcm was about $200 more, but worth it for a working jeep.

Unread 04-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
FAlfani81
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by technophat View Post
I tried AllComputerResources and CarComputerExhhange, and BOTH were an epic fail. After not being either "flashed" correctly or simply being a faulty unit, both companies had to send out a replacement for the replacement, and all four total units failed. Kolak set me up with a factory replacement and it worked on the first try. Kolaks pcm was about $200 more, but worth it for a working jeep.
i have a computerexchange in mine. had it for 2 years with no problems. Tho, I did have to send back the first one. The bolt for the harness pulled right out of the board when I was installing it.
FAlfani81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
technophat
1997 ZJ 

Unfortunately, I was in Afghanistan when all the pcm troubles were happening, but my wife was coordinating with a local repair shop in Phoenix and they confirmed the poor results. It seems hit and miss at best with the non-OE replacements
Unread 04-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
jeepkid945
1993 ZJ 

Mines a BWD from advanced no problems yet. Its even waterproof!haha
jeepkid945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.