Fuel pump relay location?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fuel pump relay location??

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 02-24-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
littlefdl
1994 ZJ 

Fuel pump relay location??

either my fuel pump or fuel pump relay is going bad. pump doesnt run when i turn the key to on position or when i try to just start it up. i have to leave the key in the on position for about 4 minutes before i hear it come on then the jeep will start and it runs fine..no stalling or hesitation. i want to start by replacing the relay since its only 6 bucks but i lost to top to the fuse panel under the hood. can anyone tell me which one is the fuel pump relay?

littlefdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #2
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

Sounds like the classic leaking capacitors inside the PCM issue.

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
JesseOR
1993 ZJ 

Serious? There is the one that says, FUEL PUMP up to the left. That is the one he is looking for.

But yes it MAY be the ecu...

Try the relay first....

www.facebook.com/jesse.whitehargrove
JesseOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

This picture is a couple years old and I took it because someone was looking for the fuel pump fuse. I should have stated that before. Yes the relay is clearly above it and to the left

It is almost never the relays. They are very dependable. Swap them around before purchasing.

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
littlefdl
1994 ZJ 

Took the jeep to the shop today and i have an electrical short somewhere in the jeep. we tested the fuel pump relay slot with voltmeter and it would not keep a constant spark. tried to trace the short but could not find the source of the problem. after 215,000 miles im startng to think the PCM has bit the dust and is causing the problem.After 5 mins wit the key in ON position the fuel pump begins to run, jeep will crank and run fine. where can i find a PCM for a decent price?
littlefdl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.