Fuel pump pin connectors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fuel pump pin connectors

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoFord Explorer 8.8 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Kit C Clip ElimStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
fljeepney
1998 ZJ 

Fuel pump pin connectors

i replaced my fuel pump a year ago and the other day I was driving and it just died on me.I had trouble when I replaced the pump last year and sourced it to a female end from the wiring from the motor.We fixed that and havent had a problem until a few days ago.I just crawled under it today and seen that the wiring from the pump has 5 pins,and looked at the other connector and it has only four female ends.Could this be my problem?I really appreciate it.
Don't want to go out and buy another pump if it isn't needed.

fljeepney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
fljeepney
1998 ZJ 

Wow.Glad I didn't sign up for a lifetime subscription
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

Dude its the fourth of july, all them negative waves wont make it happen quicker, if at all.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
dellis
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepney View Post
I just crawled under it today and seen that the wiring from the pump has 5 pins,and looked at the other connector and it has only four female ends.Could this be my problem?I really appreciate it.
Don't want to go out and buy another pump if it isn't needed.
See 1993 Jeep pinout diagram below (ZJ is middle one) to see that five pins are specified, but your fuel pump may not be wired to use both grounds ... this is likely your situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepney View Post
Wow.Glad I didn't sign up for a lifetime subscription
You should be pleased to know that since it took me 108 minutes to respond to your question, I will only receive 50% of my normal commission for helping you out.
dellis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
dellis
1998 ZJ 

Duplicate post.
dellis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

This is for a 1998 so the layout may different on yours.
fuel-pump.jpg

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
Unread 07-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
coralman
new wrangler prototype

1998 ZJ 

You beat me to it dellis. The impatience of youth,lol.

Unread 07-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #8
fljeepney
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellis View Post
See 1993 Jeep pinout diagram below (ZJ is middle one) to see that five pins are specified, but your fuel pump may not be wired to use both grounds ... this is likely your situation.

You should be pleased to know that since it took me 108 minutes to respond to your question, I will only receive 50% of my normal commission for helping you out.
Thanks for the diagram Dellis.I'm thinking it's not getting power to the pump due to one that is missing from the female end.We'll see what happens.

@Coralman,thanks as well for your input

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.