Fuel Maxx performance chip for grand cherokees?!?! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fuel Maxx performance chip for grand cherokees?!?!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #1
sullivanpunk
2000 WJ 

Fuel Maxx performance chip for grand cherokees?!?!

Anyone here know anything about this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=380102074416

Ran across it browsing ebay for Grand Cherokee stuff. I would think it isn't going to do what it says it will do....specially for just 23 bucks. Also don;t even see a how you would install it by just looking at the picture.

P.S. i know the auction has ended, I had book marked it a few days ago

Unread 02-19-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
the88thpianoman
2003 WJ 

Scam, BS, will actually do harm to your engine. Just like all the rest of them, it's just a resister that overrides the proper input from the IAT sensor to advance the timing slightly. They're all the same, no matter what they say.
2003 WJ in Jeep Green Metallic, 4.0/242/4.10's. 4" Teraflex springs w/ RE monotube shocks and IRO short arms, cheap intake w/ amsoil filter, 2.5" hi flow cat and back exhaust, lots of lights and other misc crap.

Check out my build thread here: Life lessons and budget build
the88thpianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
Knighthawk36
2003 WJ 

I realize that this is an old thread, but just in case you are thinking of trying this out, the original product mentioned was on eBay, and while doing some research, I found this disclaimer on eBay's site:

http://www.ebay.com/gds/fake-modific...1478993/g.html

Now why they would allow the people to run such a business on their site when they know it is trash... well, I DO know why... Money Talks, but at least they do warn people that it is trash even though you have to look to find the warning.

Knighthawk36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.