Fuel Line Oily/Greasy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fuel Line Oily/Greasy

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-04-2003, 11:25 AM   #1
Ryan2son

Fuel Line Oily/Greasy

I had a thick oily/greasy coating on the large fuel filler line. I cleaned it off and checked the hose clamp (wasn't very loose - one turn tightened it). What would cause this? I don't overfill my tank (but I bought it last November and there's nothing to say that the previous owner didn't).

I noticed it while inspecting the U-Haul hitch installation.

Thanks in advance and happy 4th!

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
4x4, 4.7 V8, Quadratrac II, Loaded

A Hail the Mighty Philadelphia Eagles!
Ryan2son is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2003, 01:16 PM   #2
whitevette

Yes, that can cause it. The fuel will leak out, evaporate, mix with dirt and just eventually build up. Just take a quick glance it at every few months to see if it persists.
'77 Corvette L-48
'74 Land Cruiser FJ40
whitevette is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.