fuel gauge - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > fuel gauge

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-22-2002, 07:36 PM   #1
centraltx

fuel gauge

I have a '98 GJ. The fuel tank is empty when the gauge shows 1/4 left.
Took it in, found it has a bad sensor, BUT, the sensor and the fuel pump are ONE unit and IN the FREAKIN' gas tank. What rocket scientist designed this ????
Has anyone else had this problem? A friend has a '98 Dodge PU with the SAME problem.
To repair ?: $477.00 No thanks, just fill it at 1/2 showing on the gauge. Is it possible Dodge got a bunch of BAD sensor/pumops for '98 ?? Is the maybe a RECALL on these things ??
Please help!

centraltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2002, 01:15 AM   #2
GifArt.com

Hello,
I have a 1997 GC Laredo and had the same problem. It just came on the recall list, I got mine fixed for free

Go to your local jeep service shop and they will be able to check for all the recalls by using your Serial Number.

Good luck
GifArt.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.