Fuel Filter location for GC 97 5.2L Limited? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fuel Filter location for GC 97 5.2L Limited?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 12-31-2003, 10:35 PM   #1
jpkomm

Fuel Filter location for GC 97 5.2L Limited?

Hello,

I'm wondering if the 1997 Jeep GC Limited (w/ 5.2L engine) has a fuel filter or not? If so, where is it located? I looked along the bottom where you'd normally expect to find the filter and can't seem to find it. I also went to Advanced Autoparts (PartsAmerica) and they say that this model doesn't have a fuel filter. Is this true or is it just hard to find (hidden). Any pics are appreciated since I'm not sure where else to look. Thanks!

Last edited by jpkomm; 12-31-2003 at 10:38 PM..
jpkomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2004, 01:34 AM   #2
iroc22

Well it technically does have a fuel filter because it needs to filter out particles in any event; it's just a little different on 97-up models. It's somewhat built into the pump and installed within the tank. Periodic replacement isn't necessary and I'm sure the filter itself and getting a mechanic to drop the tank will be very expensive.
1928 Ford Model A - Street Rod Project
iroc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2004, 09:43 AM   #3
jpkomm

Well that is odd, but it does answer my question. I'll just hope it never has to be replaced. hehe Thanks!
jpkomm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.