fuel filter - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > fuel filter

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-30-2002, 08:52 AM   #1
luken18r
2012 JK Wrangler 

fuel filter

where exactly is the fuel filter located on the ZJ (4.0)? I was under there last night and couldnt spot it

luken18r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2002, 03:52 PM   #2
Bigjake

What year? I have a 97' and think it is located in the gas tank as one unit(feul pump, fuel filter, fuel gauge). Is this true and how would you replace the fuel filter in the gas tank? After how many miles should you replace it?

BigJake
Bigjake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2002, 12:21 PM   #3
Texas96

I just changed mine this morning. I have a 5.2 so I don't know how different they are. My fuel filter was located just above the rear axle on the drivers side. On the 5.2's, the filters on the 97's and up are located in the tank. The Jeep manual says the internal filter does not need to be changed. I assume only in extreme cases (such as fuel contamination) would you ever need to change it. J
Texas96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2002, 01:41 PM   #4
monch66

What about a 94? Where is it located?
Unread 09-03-2002, 10:00 AM   #5
luken18r
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas96
The Jeep manual says the internal filter does not need to be changed. I assume only in extreme cases (such as fuel contamination) would you ever need to change it. J
w3rd...thats what i like to hear
luken18r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2002, 12:24 PM   #6
Big Dumb White Guy

right under the passengers seat. obviously on the outside. crawl under the rearand take a look. it's bolted to the underside of the body.

1.) open your gas cap.
2.) open hood and go to the big fuse box on pass. side. take out the fuel pump fuse.
3.) crank over the engine. it may start and then crap out or not ever start. just keep cranking for 5 seconds or so.
that should bleed any pressure that your fuel lines may have. don't forget to put that fuse back in before you start it back up, when you're done.

another thing to do is to do it in the morning before driving. that lets out alot of the pressure.

when you buy the filter, either buy the tool to get the clips out or buy 2 more clips. and a lot of fuel comes out when you unhook the quick-disonnects. not like gallons but more than you want all over you. so stay to the side when you do it.

good luck!!!!

A guy walks into the psychiatrist office wearing only Glad Wrap shorts. The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
Big Dumb White Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.