front DS CV replaceable? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > front DS CV replaceable?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-24-2013, 01:57 AM   #1
jeffjeep2
1998 ZJ 

front DS CV replaceable?

Hi guys,

Im happy finally im the one doing my jeep now, the forum has help me a lot and the mechanic charges a lot and knows less. I realize that after i removed my front shaft. there were metal like noise in front very load, as most in the forum suggest removed the shaft and the noise wasnt there anymore. Now here is my proble, Its a cv how do i replace it , i want a cv as well since i dont have the time to convert to u joint and not much of a 4 x 4 guy.

thanks

jeffjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
HandsOn

Just bringing this back to the top for you.
Here is a thread you might not have seen yet: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/h...rsion-1537012/
where they're talking about doing the u-joint replacement.
Even though that's not the way you want to proceed, it sounds like they've done some of the CV changes already, so might know the best way.

Have you checked at a local driveshaft repair shop yet? I would think, as it's a standard wear item anyway, that just about anyone that works on drivelines could build, replace, or order a new one for you pretty easily.
Plus, on the gambling side of things, you could probably find one in serviceable condition in a junkyard too.

Good luck.

Paul
HandsOn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.