front driveshaft - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > front driveshaft

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-14-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
zeekracing
2006 TJ Wrangler 

front driveshaft

I have a 2000 grand with the 6 cylinder
I had a boot come apart on the front driveshaft at the transfer case. Jeep told me they do not offer a replacement boot for it that I will have to replace the driveshaft. I tried a boot from a parts store but my idea did not work out. I would like to go to a u-joint style and get away from the cv joint. I noticed on ebay that they had a u-joint style for the 4.7. Will that driveshaft work on mine with a 6 cylinder or are they any longer or shorter?

zeekracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #2
elmer_fud
1995 ZJ 

I tend to think they would be different because they have different transmissions. A good place to check would be WJjeeps.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedycat View Post
I am not one to be changing lanes at 70 mph on a lifted truck on 33's, but since I am in Miami, I have to be prepared for the continuous influx of new drivers whose previous ride was a bicycle with wooden wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPKites View Post
badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, Mushroom!!! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeJay1997 View Post
Or just tie a 12 lb fish to a one foot pipe.
elmer_fud is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.