Front Drive Shaft Problem with lift kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Front Drive Shaft Problem with lift kit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 09-11-2009, 11:27 PM   #1
KDXFreestyle200

Front Drive Shaft Problem with lift kit

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited:
I just got this Jeep and it has a 4" Rock Krawler Lift Kit. (I believe it is 4", It has 33X12.5-15" wheels on it and they just fit. (They rub in the front at full turn.)) I went to the junk yard to get a stock front drive shaft out of a 94' because the one I have is about a half inch too short when fully extended. The bad news is that this shaft seems to be the stock one out of a 94'.

. . . . I was told there was a stock drive shaft previously in the vehicle, but am not 100% sure. I got the Jeep without the shaft in it. Also, BTW, This shaft comes out of the Jeep by the U-Joints with caps and bolts, No Yoke to pull out. I will cut and lengthen it with a custom machined sleeve if necasary. But, are there any fixes for this? Please help. Thanks, Jon

KDXFreestyle200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #2
sandman
1993 ZJ 

@ 4" a double cardan DS will be fine.
Unread 09-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
KDXFreestyle200

Is there a driveshaft I can get from a junk yard out of another vehicle or something? A new drive shaft is somewhat out of my budget right now. If nobody knows a cheaper fix for this than buying new, it looks like I will be lengthening the stock shaft.
KDXFreestyle200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
sandman
1993 ZJ 

you dont need a longer shaft, what DS do you have now, is it the CV or double cardan DS? if its a CV the double caedan DS can be pulled from ZJs and XJs of most any year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.