Front control arm AXLE bushing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Front control arm AXLE bushing

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 06-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
tevisesplin

Front control arm AXLE bushing

Replacing my front control arms, the bushings are looking bad and has crazy shake when crossing RR tracks or washboard (like come to a stop to stop the shake, kind of shake). Where do I find the bushings that go into the top axle mounts? the control arm comes with the back bushing in it, but where to find the bushing that goes in the axle? also any tips on removing them? I have not yet tried but hear they can be a pain. 95 jeep Grand Cherokee, no lift. Thanks guys.

tevisesplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
ajmorell

You should be able to get the bushings from any local parts store. You want the upper control arm axle-side bushing. I always used a big hammer (3lb sledge) to drive them out. Throw the new one in the freezer a couple hours before you install it and it should slide in pretty easy.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
get a ball joint puller or something of the like. I got my upper CA bushings from kolak. Good price

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #4
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

This video demonstrates one way of removing the bushings...

AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.