-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (
-   -   Front control arm AXLE bushing (

tevisesplin 06-12-2013 12:06 PM

Front control arm AXLE bushing
Replacing my front control arms, the bushings are looking bad and has crazy shake when crossing RR tracks or washboard (like come to a stop to stop the shake, kind of shake). Where do I find the bushings that go into the top axle mounts? the control arm comes with the back bushing in it, but where to find the bushing that goes in the axle? also any tips on removing them? I have not yet tried but hear they can be a pain. 95 jeep Grand Cherokee, no lift. Thanks guys.

ajmorell 06-12-2013 03:58 PM

You should be able to get the bushings from any local parts store. You want the upper control arm axle-side bushing. I always used a big hammer (3lb sledge) to drive them out. Throw the new one in the freezer a couple hours before you install it and it should slide in pretty easy.

riot1987 06-12-2013 07:02 PM

get a ball joint puller or something of the like. I got my upper CA bushings from kolak. Good price

AVR2 06-12-2013 11:59 PM

30 Attachment(s)
This video demonstrates one way of removing the bushings...

The time now is 08:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.