Front brake pulsations - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Front brake pulsations

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 08-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
McGR
2007 XK Commander 

I've just come to accept that I will need to work on the front brakes on an annual basis. I've lost count of the amount of brake jobs I've done on the fronts on my '99. Probably 7 or 8 now. I'll usually cut or replace the rotors and replace the pads if needed. Once I do this, I'm good for another 15-20K. I do the work myself and the cost of new parts is fairly low. I can live with it...

McGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #17
indept
2000 WJ 

When you replace the rotors, wire brush all the rust off of the hub where the rotor mates to it. Also clean the mounting face of the rotor if you're putting the old one back on. You should also check the rotor for runout. Excessive runout can cause warping too. Runout should be no more than a few mils max.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.