Front axle? grinding noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Front axle? grinding noise

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
kc8ztw
1993 ZJ 

Front axle? grinding noise

When I accelerate in a stright light or while turning left I get this nasty grinding noise from the front end. You have to be accelerating at a good rate... enough to pick the front end up a little at least. Im thinking its coming from the axle but not for sure. I have checked all the suspention components and it doesn't seem to be there, pulled the cover off the front diff and stuff is a little wore but nothing alarming found in the bottom or anything. I thought it was a bad right CV joint so I replaced it free under warrenty and and no luck. I can also feel it a little through my feet if that helps.
I have a Dana 30 front axle and 5.2 V8
Someone else mentioned to me to check to see if the TC bolts are tight and I havent yet becaue this is a long grinding noise that happens the entire time your getting into the throttle in 1st not a clunk but could this still be it?

thanks

kc8ztw is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.