Four wheel drive shifting cable disconnected? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Four wheel drive shifting cable disconnected?

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
zipsayain
2001 WJ 

Four wheel drive shifting cable disconnected?

Well I guess I figure out that the reason that it was shifting so easy was because it was disconnected underneath the jeep. I fed the cable back threw the mounting hole, as far it would go.( there must be a lock type clip, two keep it there. While I watch underneath, I had my dad shift back and four. We couldn't get it to go 4 LO at all! I tried my hands but that failed. so I don't know while it would go into 4 LO

Any idea's would be appreciated.

zipsayain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
WJChris
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Take off that hat, I can't read your mind.

What Jeep are you referring to? Please be detailed.
WJChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipsayain View Post
I just bought a 2001 jeep grand cherokee 4.0 with the quadra trac drive.
I got 4 all wheel, and neutral and 4 lo. while shifting between these three, I notice it shift too easy and it feel like it not hook up. Should it feel this way?

This is from is other post. OP, you dont have to start a new thread with the same issue. Its easier if you keep it in one thread, then people can respond and help quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipsayain View Post
Well I guess I figure out that the reason that it was shifting so easy was because it was disconnected underneath the jeep. I fed the cable back threw the mounting hole, as far it would go.( there must be a lock type clip, two keep it there. While I watch underneath, I had my dad shift back and four. We couldn't get it to go 4 LO at all! I tried my hands but that failed. so I don't know while it would go into 4 LO

Any idea's would be appreciated.
As far as your shifting issue, Im having a similar problem right now so when i figure it out ill let ya know
MurdaJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
zipsayain
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJChris View Post
Take off that hat, I can't read your mind.

What Jeep are you referring to? Please be detailed.
Sorry.
2001 jeep grand cherokee limited 4.0 with that quadtrac four wheel drive.
zipsayain is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.