Found: 3/8" trans line quick connector end - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Found: 3/8" trans line quick connector end

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-15-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

Found: 3/8" trans line quick connector end

While looking through the Dorman catalog for fuel line quick connector ends I stumbled across 800-751. It's listed as a trans line end for 97-02 Dodge applications. I ordered one and it accepts 3/8 hose and slips over 3/8 hard line. It should be perfect to replace the radiator side ends for our (at least 93-95 IMS) trans lines. Right now my one line is just pushed over the steel line and clamped which works just fine. The only caveat is that the connector is meant to be crimped on the line. I'm just going to cut the crimp shell off and put a bubble flare on the inner line.

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-800-751...dorman+800-751

zjosh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 04:15 AM   #2
coralman
green backs to no backs

1998 ZJ 

I think if you have a place in town that makes hydraulic hoses they could crimp it if need be. We have two and they even make brake hoses.

Links to axle rebuilds, mount replace,a/c box rebuild,ect in history section of my profile page
coralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #3
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Yep, look for hose shop nearby. In Vegas they had one called "House of Hose" lol. I just got my a/c hose fixed for 40 bucks up in Annapolis. They discontinued the line and another shop wanted like 500 bucks to make a new one lol.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
zjosh93
1993 ZJ 

Here in Austin we have River City Hose and Supply. I used to send a lot of people to them the get AC hoses made back when I worked parts. I bet the local NAPA makes hydraulic lines too. Might just get them to swage the fitting on a few feet of trans cooler hose.
zjosh93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.