Ford Taurus Two Speed E-Fan Install (pics) - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Ford Taurus Two Speed E-Fan Install (pics)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-06-2012, 09:05 PM   #196
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

1. When the stock shroud is used (as has been mentioned in this thread), you get better airflow in a pull situation than you ever would in a push.
2. If you really want to test it when using the AC full blast, either wire it so it goes to full amperage when the AC is turned on, or install a bull **** switch as I did. Either way, get the fan going as fast as you can for optimal cooling of the engine and the AC
3. Your tranny being hooked up to the radiator, going out or not, will not add to engine heat....unless your tranny is so bad it's shooting fire through the cooler lines

Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #197
Gcnettl
1998 ZJ 

Pushing is a good way to lower your condenser temp but little else.

I'm thinking of installing a small pusher fan to the driver side of my condenser, just to help with condenser cooling.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Gcnettl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #198
JustinW23
1998 ZJ 

We have 4 large junkyards here with loads of Taurus's but every one of them has had the cooling fans ripped off. I think we have reached the end of our pool of used Taurus fans. There is a huge off road scene here however. One of the junkyards said that the "Stupid Jeep guys" took all the fans. I didn't tell him that it was for a Jeep.

'98 ZJ 5.2 6" Long Arms, 265 75R 16's, Magnaflow Cat and Super 40, Taurus Fan Swap
JustinW23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #199
moggie99
1996 ZJ 

New Taurus fans (with shroud) are only $84 apiece at Rockauto.
moggie99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #200
JustinW23
1998 ZJ 

I was able to locate a Taurus this afternoon that still had the fan in it. The motor was already pulled. I don't know if the motor was the 3.0 or the 3.8. What is the difference between the fans? I took a gamble and bought it for $25. It looks just like the 3.8 fan. Will it work if it ends up being the 3.0 fan?

'98 ZJ 5.2 6" Long Arms, 265 75R 16's, Magnaflow Cat and Super 40, Taurus Fan Swap
JustinW23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #201
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

i got the mk-8/t-bird e-fan , it pulls more air and draws a little more amps on high , perfect fit on the radiator

thanks for the heads up on the starter relays
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #202
PeteNnewburg
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinW23 View Post
I was able to locate a Taurus this afternoon that still had the fan in it. The motor was already pulled. I don't know if the motor was the 3.0 or the 3.8. What is the difference between the fans? I took a gamble and bought it for $25. It looks just like the 3.8 fan. Will it work if it ends up being the 3.0 fan?
The 3.8 Taurus fan is 2 speed, 3 wire. The 3.0 is a 2 wire fan. I think the 3.8 fan is also larger in circumference. I just picked one up off eBay, item # 230976486756. If it looks like that, should be a 3.8 2 speed fan. No local yards had one and this item looked really nice. Seller Doug was very helpful!! This is one of his specialties!
I will be useing the DCC FK-55 controller. A bit pricey, but one and done. http://www.dccontrol.com/constant_te...ontrollers.htm. It has a lot of very good reviews.

Pete
'89 F150, 4" Rancho
PeteNnewburg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #203
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

You can't go wrong with the DCC controller in my opinion. I've had my FK35 for about 5 years, and it's still going strong. I thought it was dying about a year and a half ago, but it was just corroded butt splices. Replaced them with waterproof ones, and it's running perfectly.

Brian makes a great product, and I'd recommend it to anybody. Lead time has been long in the past, but I don't know what it's like now.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #204
justbob
1995 ZJ 

what temperatures should the low and high speed fan come at and shut off at ?
95 ZJ 4.0, Auto, AC
Unread 09-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #205
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbob View Post
what temperatures should the low and high speed fan come at and shut off at ?
95 ZJ 4.0, Auto, AC
No expert, but I would guess lo 200, hi 220. If you go lower than thermostat rating, the fan won't turn off.
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #206
Staticat
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am doing this to a 1997 2.5 wrangler I was wondering if mine will have the same blue and gray wire? I bought a kit that I need to tap a wire into my ignition switch. Thanks
Staticat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.