Fog Lights and Seat Swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Fog Lights and Seat Swap

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-06-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
JColee
1997 ZJ 

Fog Lights and Seat Swap

First things first, my fog lights stopped working. Usually this wouldn't be a big problem, but in my Jeep, the fog lights work a lot better than my stock, dirty, hazy, broken header paneled lights. Also, I've always had the problem with the switch for the lights illuminating then going dark, over and over. If there is a repair thread for this, i have yet to find it. Could someone help me remedy this situation? Or point me in the direction of the repair thread?

Second thing, I've got leather seats and have been thinking of swapping them for cloth. I was wondering if anyone has tried swapping in seats from other vehicles? What vehicles have worked? In the case of ZJ's, which edition ZJ had the best looking cloth seats? Is the swap direct? (I assume it is)

Thanks,
Jake

JColee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
JColee
1997 ZJ 

Scratch the first question, hopefully this write up I found will solve it. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/r...-heavy-702703/
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Any ZJ seat will be a direct bolt in.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #4
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
Any ZJ seat will be a direct bolt in.
Correction I do believe the seat buckles are mounted on the seat frame on 96-98 and on the floor on 93-95 at least from my understanding.
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
SewerRat114
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post

Correction I do believe the seat buckles are mounted on the seat frame on 96-98 and on the floor on 93-95
Yep. I swaped the cloth seats from a 98 into my 95. I think they are better seats but that maybe the 100k+ miles difference between the donor and mine...I love my cloth over the leather I had.
SewerRat114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #6
JColee
1997 ZJ 

The write up I found, did actually solve it. Great! Thanks for the information, on the cloth seating.
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewerRat114 View Post
Yep. I swaped the cloth seats from a 98 into my 95. I think they are better seats but that maybe the 100k+ miles difference between the donor and mine...I love my cloth over the leather I had.
I have seriously pondered swapping out my seats to leather but I noticed in my buddies 5.9 his leather seats are so thick even with my seat all the way down my head sits way higher then my cloth seats. However my seats are worn down but im not sure i like being so high up.
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #8
SewerRat114
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post

I have seriously pondered swapping out my seats to leather but I noticed in my buddies 5.9 his leather seats are so thick even with my seat all the way down my head sits way higher then my cloth seats. However my seats are worn down but im not sure i like being so high up.
I went from leather to cloth. My jeep has almost 250k on it and the seats were flat and hard. Swapped the cloth out of a 98 with 150k and the bolsters and back feel fuller and I do feel like I sit a little higher in these seats.. But that's just me. Wife has muscle and back pain and couldn't ride/drive the jeep for extended periods till after the swap...took it on a 3hr trip right after and she was comfy and happy.
SewerRat114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #9
JColee
1997 ZJ 

Ideally I would like the type of material that is found in newer vehicles. It's not like old school cloth and it can be heated. My buddies 12' Patriot has them. But for that I'd probably have to shell out some serious cash or purchase aftermarket seats.

The leather seats have really held up well, and my Jeep has about 206,XXX on it. The rear and front passenger look great. Mine's a little worn, but no real rips. The main reason for the change would be the heat, I don't have A/C and the seats get pretty toasty. Today I charged up the system and my A/C may actually be okay, but I suppose i'll see.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.